| Annual workshop of Jeju Wildlife Research Center 2009|
My dear bird lovers,
Jeju Wildlife Research Center, a non-governmental, non-profit society incorporated under Jeju Provincial Government will hold its annual workshop on Saturday, February 21, 2009 in Jeju Island. We welcome all of you interested.
Where: Halla Arboretum at Jeju city, Jeju Province, South Korea
When: February 21, 2009
Following is the schedule.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
14:00~17:00 Workshop on Birds and ecology of Jeju and its neighboring regions.
The presentations, which may change, will include:
1. Dr. Park, Jin-young, Birds of Ramsar Sites in South Korea
2. Dr. Kim, Young-jun, How to cure injured wild animals
3. Dr. Park, Chan-yul, How do the tits collect larvae from oak trees.
4. Dr. Kim, Hwa-jeong, Birds of coastal wetlands
5. Ms. Yang, Sung-nyun, Lifecycle of White-backed Woodpeckers
8. Prof. Jee, Namjun, Diary of a Black-faced Spoonbill
9. Ms. Hong, Su-yeon, Yellow Sea Eco-region Project
10. Ms. Kim Eun-mi, Important birds records in Jeju in 2008.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
10:00~18:00 Trip to see wintering birds in Jeju
For the participants from outside Jeju Island, accommodation is provided for the Saturday (Feb21) night in Jeju.
How to get there.
The workshop will be held on the second floor of the Natural Ecology Exhibition Hall which was built 3 years ago. If you take off from the public bus at the Arboretum, you will see the famous Vegetarian Restaurant and a Yoga Center on your right side. There you will walk about 200 meter to arrive at the parking lot of the arboretum. There you will see a small guard post at the beginning of the parking lot. Then, turn to the right at the guard post, and follow the narrow path, walk 20 meters, and you will see the new Exhibition Building on your right side.